30/04/2009 9:59 AM
Did you know the following facts:
- The National Network for Mental Health (NNMH) is the only national non diagnostic specific mental health consumer/survivor driven organization in Canada;
- The NNMH is considered a leading national organization of mental illness expertise by provincial and federal government departments;
- NNMH serves Canadians coast to coast to coast through it's national award winning BUILT Network on-line skills development program and through information dissemination;
- BUILT Network program has supported more than 750 mental health consumer/survivors into the workplace across Canada and a further 100 people back to school;
- NNMH has never and will never sell or share its contact or membership lists... these are confidential and your personal information is safe with the NNMH;
- Community Inclusion and Informed Choice are core NNMH Values;
- NNMH is a founding and active member of the Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health;
- The NNMH works closely with organizations, institutions and government whenever possible to work toward a better quality of life for persons living with a mental illness in Canada;
- Voting members of the NNMH are mental health consumer/survivors that come from all walks of life and a variety of backgrounds, are represenative of the adult population in all of its spectrum of ages, and are folks who believe in a better quality of life for persons living with mental health issues/illness/disability;
- The Voting Membership of the NNMH drive the work of the organization... All the effort of the organization's volunteers and staff persons is done to meet the needs and expectations of the membership!
If you believe in the organization's mandate and philosophy, come join us...becoming a member and/or supporter of the NNMH is easy... just go to the www.nnmh.ca web page and sign up.... its that simple!