12/07/2007 5:34 AM
The National Network for Mental Health will be hosting a small gathering in St. Catharines, Ontario for a one day symposium featuring our international guests and we would love to have you attend.
Place: Niagara College, Niagara on the Lake Campus
Date: August 27, 2007
Time: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Building on Synergy: The International Perspective
Treat yourself to this one day symposium designed to give an international perspective to the mental health consumer experience
Meet consumer leaders from Scotland, England, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, United States and Canada, as they share the experiences of their work, their successes and the climate within which they work.
Here about the recovery experience and how organizations are working to support the recovery of consumers in their home countries.
Speakers will Include:
• Anne Beals, Working Together for Well Being (UK)
• David Gallson, National Network for Mental Health - BUILT Network Program
• Jenny Speed, Australian Mental Health Consumer Network
• Joan Edwards Karmazyn - Consumers Health Awareness Network Newfoundland and Labrador (CHANNAL) & National Network for Mental Health
• Judi Chamberlin, National Coalition of Mental Health Consumer/Survivor Organizations (National Empowerment Centre - USA)
• Noreen Fitzgibbon, Irish Advocacy Network
• Phil Upshall, Mood Disorders Society of Canada
• Shaun McNeil - Voices Of eXperience (VOX - Scotland)
• Susan Crooks - The Lighthouse Trust (New Zealand)
Participant Cost: $50.00
Consumer, Student, Family Member/Caregiver Cost: $30.00
Registration includes lunch.