14/03/2008 9:06 AM
Did you know...
Established in 1998, CAMIMH is a very strong national voice for mental health organizations representing consumers, families, community mental health groups, and health care providers.
Currently the alliance is the sponsor of a national mental health literacy project and is home to Mental Illness Awareness Week (www.miaw.ca).
CAMIMH members include:
• Autism Society of Canada
• Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists
• Canadian Association of Social Workers
• Canadian Association for Suicide Prevention
• Canadian Coalition for Seniors Mental Health
• Canadian Federation of Mental Health Nurses
• Canadian Healthcare Association
• Canadian Medical Association - Office of Public Health
• Canadian Mental Health Association
• Canadian National Committee for Police Mental Health
• Canadian Psychiatric Association
• Canadian Psychiatric Research Foundation
• Canadian Psychological Association
• Canadian Psychosocial Rehabilitation Association
• Mood Disorders Society of Canada
• National Network for Mental Health
• Native Mental Health Association of Canada
• Registered Psychiatric Nurses of Canada
• Schizophrenia Society of Canada
Information about the Canadian Alliance on Mental Illness and Mental Health can be found at www.camimh.ca.