Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays from the NNMH!!!
We will be on holidays from 12:00 noon on Tuesday, December 24th and back on Monday, January 6, 2014.
We wish you all much happiness and peace over the holidays and in the New Year. We look forward to another year of growing!
NNMH Board of Directors and Staff
Joyeux Noël et bonnes fêtes de RNSM!
Nous serons en vacances à partir de 12h00 le 24 Décembre 2013 et retour le lundi 6 Janvier 2014.
Nous vous souhaitons beaucoup de bonheur et de paix pendant les vacances et la nouvelle année. Nous nous réjouissons à l’autre année de croissance!
Conseil RNSM d’administration et personnel
Please help us develop current membership information by signing up as a member on this new website, even if you signed up on our previous website. Your information is always confidential, we do not share this information with any other organization, and privacy rights are strictly observed. Many thanks for doing this!
This new website launch represents the results of an extensive review of the original website in order to find ways that would create an attractive, updated design and a more user-friendly and interactive tool. We hope that you will find this the case.
We hope you will try some of the new elements:
- Survey question
- Subscription option
- Blogs & news of interest in “From the Grassroots Up”
- Purchase anything you like through our site’s Amazon.com section (NNMH receives a percentage of each purchase)
- Regal Catalogue (another place to shop while helping out the NNMH – we receive a percentage of each purchase)
- Members’ information and more…..
This is a first step to improving the usability of the site. The NNMH is a virtual organization and this will be our main avenue for keeping in touch with our membership. Although the site isn’t everything we wanted due to budget constraints, we feel it represents our organization as a welcoming portal to find information and reduce the isolation that many of us feel. We hope you agree that it is a beautiful and welcoming site with many more features than we had before. We will continue to solicit your feedback to ensure the site stays as updated and relevant as we can. We welcome your feedback at [email protected].
We are doing our best to ensure our francophone friends and members have access to a fully translated site. This may be slow-going over the next while as we have limited resources. Please be patient. We’re doing the best we can.
This is a website that will take us forward into the next phase of the organization. Come join us – become a member! Let’s strengthen our movement so that it is stronger than ever.
Thank you for your patience and ongoing support. We need you!
Julie L. Flatt
National Executive Director
The NNMH was invited to take part in a national consultation sponsored by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) on developing a national framework for suicide prevention. The Act states that the Government of Canada must establish a federal framework for suicide prevention that:
A. recognizes that suicide, in addition to being a mental health issue, is a public health issue and that, as such, it is a health and safety priority; and
B. designates the appropriate entity within the Government of Canada to assume responsibility for:
- Providing guidelines to improve public awareness and knowledge about suicide.
- Disseminating information about suicide, including information concerning its prevention.
- Making publicly available existing statistics about suicide and related risk factors.
- Promoting collaboration and knowledge exchange across domains, sectors, regions and jurisdictions.
- Defining best practices for the prevention of suicide.
- Promoting the use of research and evidence-based practices for the prevention of suicide
Contact by September 30 for voting members.
We will keep you in the loop on how this goes forward.