5:08 AM: Sometime Wensday night, I began ticking. It was a bout that lasted all through the night and all through Thursday. It finally stopped Friday afternoon. By then, the Brownie had a scheduled play day with friends we had to prepare for, then host. After the friends were gone, my daughter then left to be with her mother for the weekend. Suddenly, at 8pm Friday night, I was able to write. No interruptions. No duties to attend to outside of my own needs.
So of course I got into a political fracas on Facebook. Chalk one up for ADHD. An old online friend of 6–7 years decided that my political opinions were the wrong political opinions, and instead of intelligent debate and hearty discourse, the only recourse was to unfriend me. This was an unexpected distraction which prompted some cheeky Facebook posts.
But then I wrote! Huzzah! Even with the arrival of the Leprechaun, my seventeen-year-old daughter, I put over 2700 words into the project. Finished Section III, and got a fifth of the way through Section IV. I’m at 7641 words for the entire project at this time. I had only planned for a total of 10,000 words. It’s a small project, which is why I picked it for this experiment. If not for all the ticking and the drama, I might have made that goal today, but life doesn’t work that way. I have to play with the cards that are dealt to me.
And now I must sleep.
Day No.1: 1250 words
Day No.2: 703 words
Day No.3: 671 words
Day No.4: 262 words
Day No.7: 2725 words
Project Word Count Total: 5611 words
from A Splintered Mind http://ift.tt/22OSB5W