Positive Benefits of Sport
- Positive Attitude
- Enhanced self-confidence and positive selfbelief
- Development of Good Communication skills
- Making Boundaries/ Setting Limits
- Strong sense of community/belonging
- Opportunities to socialise in a safe
- Reduced feelings of anxiety and increased
- Reduced stress and depression
- Improved mood and concentration
- Opportunity to make new friends
- Developing social skills
Looking after your Mental Fitness
- Talk to your Friends: If you have something on your mind; get it off your chest and talk to a mate – don’t bottle things up.
- Eat well: Try and eat a balanced diet and avoid sugary food and drinks which can pick you up short term but have no health or energy benefits. Good Food can = Good Mood.
- Take “Time Out” for yourself: You time is important – be it an activity, a run, chilling out watching a DVD or your favourite show –Try to have something to look forward to each day – no matter how big/small.
- Get Active: Its great if you are part of a club, but you can do other active things. You can join a gym, going running with friends, go walking – do an activity were you set your own goals and objectives – boost your self-esteem and confidence.
- Be aware of all the services on your doorstep: NorthernIreland has lots of great groups who can help with a range of things from Mental Health, Debt Management/Benefit Entitlement, CVs, Employment & Learning, Education, Trauma etc. – IF you know your options you can make BETTER CHOICES.
via mindyourmind : reachout get help, give help http://ift.tt/1A7D7x3