Things I don’t like that have been said to me about my mental illness
1. You just over-exaggerate, you need to move on.
3. You’ll never get through this, you’re too weak.
4. What’s wrong with you?
5. You always seem happy, why do you lie and tell people you have depression? All you want is attention.
Supportive and helpful things that have been said to me about my mental illness
1. You need to be strong, don’t give up. – my grandma.
2. Life is too short, don’t let little things bring you down. People love you. – my step sister.
3. Ps, just breathe. – my best friend who passed away said that to me everyday, at the end of anything she said to me. In person, text message & phone calls. She was the best.
4. We will do this together, we cannot give up on each other. – my brother and I both suffer from depression, this is our vow.
5. I love you, and you are never alone. – my mother.
via mindyourmind: reach out, give help, get help http://ift.tt/1kI74Jk